Thursday, May 19, 2011

Big Boy Jackson!

I post this not to announce or brag that my little 2 year old is the cutest in the whole wide world (ok maybe just a little bit), but mostly to record it in his non-existent baby book.
Yesterday, May 18, 2011 Jackson Jefferey Clark went poo poo on the toilet!! Yes, that's right. I was as shocked as you might be right now. He also went pee 3 times by choice. Once being the McDonald's nasty dirty one and you should've seen his face when I turned on the hand dryer. Oh that boy was so happy I could hardly pry him out of that nasty bathroom.
How many times did he ask me to use the potty today, you might ask? Well, none. But that's ok, I'm not quite ready for the gung-ho of potty training an almost 2 1/2 year old boy. We'll go buy some pull ups and some prizes and ease into it slowly.
But let me tell you, he is definitely 2. If he hasn't been for the past 5 months, he officially is now. He has recently decided he does not want to take a nap-- oh I forgot to do a post all about his big boy bed. He got a toddler bed a couple weeks ago since he outsmarted the crib cage. The zipper broke a long time ago so I faced the opening against the wall. Then just one day he learned how to push his crib away from the wall and climb out, almost breaking his poor little neck each time and I decided to bite the bullet, go to walmart, and get him a toddler bed. Grandma of course took him right to Target to pick out some bedding and what did he pick, you wonder. Cars. Kinda like his Cars shirt that he kicks and screams when the day (or two) is over and it's time to put on a new shirt cuz that one is really dirty and stained with the day (or two)'s meals... see? He's 2.

1 comment:

HILL HESS said...

What is it about being 2.5? At 2, it seems all my kids are sweethearts. But once 2.5 hits, watch out!! Sounds like Jackson and Jake would be quite the pair!