Tyler is my special friend! Today I was able to have lots of fun with my family (Jeff's day off!) as well as get lots done. We all woke up tired and dragging so Jeff and I tag-teamed the first couple of hours of the morning. Once we finally were awake and alert, we did yard work, straightened the house, did a load of dishes, two loads of laundry, taught a sewing lesson, and for some, took a nap. At the end of the day, both Jeff and Jackson were sleeping and Tyler was begging me to take him on a bike ride. I stuffed dinner in the oven, handed the timer to a sleepy husband and headed out the door. Tyler is great on his bike! He rode while I walked/ran for more than 30 minutes, around the block to a nearby park and even the nearby cemetery where my great-grandparents are buried. We talked about life and death, heaven and the family we love.

It's so amazing that my spirited, energetic four year old, who tells me to "run as fast as an airbender" and "watch out I'm throwing a fireball at you" during our walk, is also old enough to talk about deep things and listen carefully and ask about our family members who are waiting for us in heaven.
I have to admit that Tyler has been very difficult for me lately. I've felt so frustrated during his temper tantrums, angry yelling and whining. But days like today make me remember what a special boy I have. And it makes me appreciate the good days even more. I had a great time with my little buddy today- Hopefully many many more great days to come!
1 comment:
What a cool moment! I love those times when you get to spend special one on one time with a kid or husband. You have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment