Well, our move from Idaho to Texas started early Tuesday morning- after packing, moving and cleaning all day Monday (except for the occasional snowmobiling break)! My parents flew up to help us drive the Uhaul and the Lincoln. We drove very carefully on lots of snow through Idaho and Wyoming and stopped for the night in Rawlins, a place where we didn't think we'd get to know very well... We woke up on Wednesday morning to howling wind and snow. We got packed up- which was quite a job with the uhaul, and filled up gas, and then my dad comes running out of the gas station to tell us they closed the highway!!! No way. We got stuck in this little Wyoming city for a day and a half! But don't worry- we explored Rawlins. McDonald's playplace, Bi-Rite souvenier store, and even Family Dollar. The highlight of our trip to town was seeing about 15 deer in someone's yard! Wow that was cool. Played lots of hearts, sudoku, nertz, and watched American Idol. Thursday rolls around and we plan to wake up early to get a head start and make up for the lost time from the day before, but I woke up to the lovely sound of the hotel phone and my mom said, go back to bed, the road is still closed! We finally got out at about 2:00 that afternoon. We did pretty well after that, and drove all day and slept very well each night. We even got to spend a few hours with Grandma and Grandpa Clark in Grand Island, Nebraska. Another highlight of the trip was swimming at the Hampton Inn together one night. Tyler loved swiming with grandpa and grandma and enjoyed dragging all nearby towels into the pool. We arrived to Allen on Saturday afternoon- we love the rental house and neighborhood and I have already made a few friends. Jeff is enjoying work and we are optimistic that it will be as successful and we hope. Here are a few pictures of the adventure to our new home:


Thanks Mom and Dad: we couldn't have gotten here without you!!
2 comments:
What a trip! I can't believe the roads were closed (although, wait, yes I can...) I bet that makes the 60 degree weather in Texas even nicer!! I am soooo jealous about your walks- we can't wait to be able to get out of the house again!! Next I want to see pictures of the new place!
What an amazing journey. I doubt you will be forgetting that one any time soon. Tyler looks so happy in his car seat! Enjoy your walks for all of us in the cold. Lily wants to go to "all of the parks" when it gets warmer.
Post a Comment