I'm sitting here in our hotel room with wireless internet (what a wonderful blessing!) hearing 3 sets of snores (and enjoying the almost-silence) to give an update on Jeff's grandma. We drove all night Monday night and got to Nebraska around 5am, went straight to the hospital. She's been asleep the whole time we've been here, so we haven't gotten to talk to her, but are sure she knows we are with her. It's really sad to see her how she is right now, since she's normally so spunky and in a funny way, sort of feisty. I believe she is fighting for her life, the best she can. She has been told to wait for us (all of Jeff's family has been here at some point this week) to get here, so we could all say good-bye and she has hung on long enough. We know if they stopped the morphine, she'd be able to respond to us, but would be in so much pain and no one is willing to put her through that (even though selfishly, we'd love to hear her voice). Kaylynn (Jeff's older sis) is coming in a couple hours and we'll head back over to the hospital for another round of Grandma memories.
It's so obvious what wonderful people Ron and Mary are. Her room hasn't been empty since the day she checked in. People have been flooding in whose lives have been blessed by Grandma and Grandpa Clark. People who aren't family, but feel like it, because they make everyone feel like family (especially me).
I'm so glad we have been able to come. It's really nice to be able to give each other strength and the boys especially (Grandpa, Ken, Kasey, Jeff) have bonded and shared each other's burdens. Jeff has said the hardest thing is seeing his Grandpa so sad and he wonders what he will do without his wife. I can't imagine my life without Jeff and I'm sure that's how he feels (plus 55 years!). We are so blessed to know that we will see our loved ones again after death and that our families are bonded together through eternity.
4 comments:
I am so sorry you have to go through this hard time. What a blessing to have faith, and God in your life right now! I am so glad you were able to make it in time to be with everyone. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! You are so loved!
This post made me cry and I don't even know Jeff's grandma. She sounds like a wonderful woman! Phil and I experienced his grandpa's last week where all his family were able to come and say goodbye. It's hard. But you're right, it brings so much comfort to know that this isn't the end! Miss you guys and we'll be praying for you and you're family!
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.
We love all of you and send our love and prayers!
Post a Comment