Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Five

This has been a hard week, with both of my boys sick and running on very little sleep. Somehow the Lord always pours blessings upon us when we need them the most. Here are five beautiful things that happened this week:
1. My husband cleaned the kitchen. I walked in the house after an hour of errands; picked up the prescriptions and did some deliveries to see the kitchen was clean. I screamed! And then ran to give him a big hug. Tyler kept yelling: What happened?
2. I got to cuddle with Jackson a lot. Poor little guy has had an ear infection and bronchitis and feels miserable. He'd pick his head up to look at me and then slam his head down on my chest. Sometimes it would make me laugh and sometimes he'd hit me in the chin or face. That kid has a heavy head and strong neck! I'm getting off track... We cuddled a lot, it was nice.
3. Tyler "read" his first book to me. From start to finish! About 5 pages of 3 or 4 words each. And so I screamed again!! He was so proud of himself and I made him read it 3 more times. Once for daddy, once for the camera, and once just for fun.
4. My dear friend brought me dinner on the night I needed it the most. How did she know?!
5. In the midst of one of Jackson's crying episodes, Jeff gave him a beautiful blessing for comfort. He almost immediately calmed down and the boys played a game of monster while running around the house. I stepped into the other room to cry and say a silent prayer of thanks. I'm so thankful my husband honors the priesthood and that the Lord hears our prayers. I'm thankful for healthy kids who only get sick every once in awhile and its never life threatening or even all that serious. I'm grateful for all of my many blessings.

4 comments:

Weston and William's Blog said...

I love your posts, Kirsti!! You inspire me to be a better mommy!!! I hope the boys are feeling better soon! And so cute aboout the book- I freaked out when Weston "read" his first book to us too!!! Wow they are getting so big!!

Meka said...

Good idea for a post! Your poor kids, I hate it when Eden is sick, it's just so sad! Isn't it so fun when they accomplish new things? Yay for reading!!!! Eden took her first steps by herself today I screamed too! That was only one of the beautiful things that happened in my day, the other was my swap package!!! I love everything so much!! I'm using my bag all year!! I am going to post pictures on the swap blog!!

Jewels said...

I hope your boys feel better soon! I too remember Aaron giving Joseph a blessing once when he was awake mid-night coughing. It was such a precious experience. He immediately calmed in my arms and fell asleep. I treasure those memories!

Paxton said...

What a wonderful post! Thanks! I'm sorry you had such a hard week, it is SO hard to deal with kids being sick! And to have TWO sick babies is so difficult! I am glad you were able to have good things happen to you too this week, you totally deserve it!