I go to park?
Not today honey
But why?
Because you guys are sick and it's raining.
Why?
Because there are lots of clouds.
Why Mommy?
...Because Heavenly Father wanted it to rain today.
Why?
I don't know sweetie.
Oh.
If only I had known an "I don't know" answer would have stopped it from the beginning...
Tonight after I had tucked the boys into bed, as I walked out of the room, I whispered, "Good night, I love you"
I heard a quiet little "why?"
I only had to think for a second to come up with a ton of answers:
Because you are my babies.
Because Heavenly Father gave you to me.
Because you give me kisses.
Because you are as cute as your daddy.
Because I love being your mommy.
4 comments:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! This one brought tears to my eyes!!!!!! You are the best mommy ever!!!
Too cute! Lily STILL asks "why" all the time. Beware it goes on forever! :) I usually try to answer because it is a good learning opportunity, but I have resorted to "because I said so" a few times. :D
Aw that made me tear up a little! That is so sweet, you are such a great mom I can tell!! I hope I get my swap stuff today, I am sooooo excited! I will email you as soon as I do!
Seriously cute. Too bad the "I don't know" answer doesn't always work, that would be too easy :-)
Post a Comment