One of my favorite memories about Christmas morning is running in my parents room to wake them up. I'm guessing most of you woke up early to your excited children. We, on the other hand, woke Tyler up at 9:00! It was wonderful to sleep in and we felt like the kids sneaking in his room to yell "Merry Christmas!" It took a few moments for him to wake up and realize today would be packed with fun toys and presents...
Our attempt at a family picture (Tyler still half asleep)...









We had a wonderful day together today! I'm so grateful for my family and I love spending time with them so much!
I kept telling Tyler to see what he got in his stocking. One time I called it a "sock" and there it went, on his foot!
He did whatever he had to do to get each present open...
And then of course, we'd have a 20 minute break until we could get him to stop playing with his new toy and open another one... He loved his "choo-choo" from the Ingalls,
Mr. Potato Head from Andy-- he especially loves the "at" (hat) and was so proud of himself that he could take it on and off! (Please excuse my face-- I didn't know I was in the picture and was trying to get him to smile!- dorky me.)
and of course his Curious George book from "Nenie & Baba" (Lanie & Papa)-- sorry to say he threw out the clothes without even a slight glance, though I think they are very handsome, and that's the important thing! He LOVES the dump truck which he played with all day along with the tractor from daddy...
He had a blast on the horsey from Grandma & Grandpa Wolfe! At first he was a little scared of the big animal in our living room, but he warmed up to it very fast. Early in the morning, I'd ask him if he wanted to ride it and he shook his head no. By the time the day was over, he kept shaking his head no when I told him it was bedtime and time to get off!
I fixed up his "pink girlie bike" See post for a before picture: http://jkclark.blogspot.com/2008/10/friday-five-tylers-faves.html
and I think it turned out great (minus the one set of pink wheel spokes-please ignore!)
And we finished up the day with a nice ham & potato meal! It was delicious!
We had a wonderful day together today! I'm so grateful for my family and I love spending time with them so much!
Thanks family for the great gifts-- we wish we could be there to spend the day together, but thought of you all often today!
I'm excited to see my parents and Katie tomorrow and Tommy & Mel on Sunday! The fun just won't stop around here. I wish I could say when we get to meet our new baby, hopefully it will be sometime this year!
2 comments:
Merry Christmas! wowee look at that horse, awesome.
It looked like you guys had a wonderful day! We also had a Christmas just to ourselves... different, isn't it? It was nice to be able to let them open/ play on their own schedule! I love the pony! Weston wants to come play at Tyler's now! And I bet the train was a hit- William got a similar one, and he loved it!
Glad you were able to spend Christmas day not in the hospital! Now let's get that little boy here!
Post a Comment