
This is our new favorite game. It's called Ticket to Ride and it is fun. Pretty much every time I call home to my parents they are playing it! In this particular match, Jeff and I were playing--notice the red marker (jeff) 3 squares above the yellow (me). Also notice the random yellow train to New York and that it is not connected to the rest of my train. This is because Jeff decided to block me so I couldn't get to New York and therefore missed out on my 22 pt. destination card. Of course I explained to him after the game was over (ok, and during the game) that it was not very nice and if it weren't for mean blocking I would have won again. This is the second time that I WOULD HAVE won if it weren't for mean blocking. (i.e. blocking that doesn't help you except by hurting the other --innocent--player). Its totally understandable if the blocking is actually somewhere you need to go, but when its not...I say I'm not a very competitive person, and really I'm not unless I'm super close to winning. Then I guess I am. Yeah, I should have won.
5 comments:
Ha, sorry Kirsti... It's like I always tell Tom, you should lay your crucial routes first!
That sounds like a game Zane would really like. We have never heard of it.He loves all strategy games, which usually makes me hate them because he is ruthless.
Melonie cries, too, when I skillfully block her.
Hey Kirsti,
im like ur parents kt replacement for now so i always love playing with them...o yeah and whenever i play i am always reminded of that old beatles song... "We've got a ticket to ride, We've got a ticket to ride"
~Andy
Post a Comment