For my Mother's Day present, Jeff took me to his wholesale gardener that he gets all the plants, shrubs and flowers from for their landscaping jobs. We picked out pink and red begonias for our yard. Yesterday we planted them and it is a perfect splash of color! It was pretty funny watching us try to plant them with a hammer (other end) and a cement trowel. Believe it or not, we do not own a shovel. Not even a play one!! We'll have to get one for Tyler this summer. And then, we hit a bunch of fire ant huts so we were freaking out! We sprayed our bug killer-which did nothing. Then Jeff sprayed with the expensive fire ant treatment and he said, "That'll do them!" Still they were everywhere! Jeff had to get back to work and I managed to wait it out long enough to be able to stick them in the ground without getting bit. Here Tyler is pointing at the flowers and then waving goodbye as we left for a walk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How beautiful! I love them! Are all the shrubs new, or just the red flowers?
Kirsti-I am so glad that we have been able to stay so close. I just wanted to tell you how much I love you and value our friendship and the always inspiring advice you always seem to have for me!! Tell Jeff (and Tyler) and your family that I say hi!!
Wow, don't miss those fire ants. Sounds like you need to take a trip to the home improvement store and pick up a shovel and some fire ant spray! I couldn't live without my ant killer! I hate ants!
Post a Comment