Saturday, February 26, 2011

Idiot.

Well, thanks to a couple G rated movies that think Idiot is a great word to teach 3 year olds, Tyler has learned the word. It happened a couple months ago when I heard him yell, "give me that toy, ya idiot" to Jackson and I had to stop everything to have a little chat about mean words and nice words.
And then again one day when Katie and Randy were visiting us, we drove to the store to pick up my Mom and Dad for lunch and Katie said to Tyler playfully, "where are we?" He answered with "At Wolfe's Market, ya idiot!" It was actually totally hilarious and how am I supposed to scold and teach when I am cracking up? Dilemma.

So, the other day, we are driving to gymnastics and there is a true idiot parked along the street (not broken down, just parked for fun.) I had to change lanes so I didn't hit her. And I yelled, "Get out of the road, you idiot!" Well, Tyler in the backseat gave ME a lecture about nice words and mean words. "Do you want people to think you are a bad guy, Mom? We don't say idiot. Or poop or stupid or dumb. But Lightning McQueen can because he is a car."

5 comments:

Jewels said...

Don't you just love when your kids use your lessons on you? Joseph's totally done that a time or two. I tell myself it's good that he knows now that I'm not perfect, because that won't change anytime soon. Such a funny story. You'll have to tell him that when he's older!

Jerai Moulton said...

Oh man, that's funny! Especially because McQueen can say all that stuff just because he's a car!! So funny! Good luck with all that and wish us luck with it in a couple of years. =)

Meka said...

Haha, that is pretty funny!! How far is where you live from San Diego? We found a killer deal and are taking the kids to sea world in mid March!! It would be fun to meet up if it's close to you. Your house looks fantastic by the way!!

Lisa said...

the boys learned the word stupid from listening to scott and i talk about politics, now all of our political discussions use the word silly. phrases like " that is a silly policy" or "that is a silly law" just don't have the same gusto.

Jeni said...

That is totally hilarious! At least you know he was listening to your little talk. :)