I remember driving over to see the new house before we officially signed the agreement. My grandparents bought this home when my family lived in the house across the street until I was 4. I had a close friend who grew up in the house 2 doors down. So I knew the neighborhood. I loved the neighborhood. But I hadn't seen the house yet. We knew it was a 3 bedroom, 1 bath, and that the kitchen and bathroom had recently been redone. but that's all I knew. I told Jeff on the way over, "I'm hoping for two specific things. I know they may just be wishful thinking, but I hope there is an area that would be good for a playroom. And I really want a fireplace mantel to put my holiday crafts and decorations." Well, I got both! How lucky am I?
Here's my mantel in the front room. There's also 2 bookcases built-in and they will be great for photo albums, books and more decor. We don't have any photos up yet- probably will do that tomorrow on Jeff's day off.

And here is that playroom. The magical playroom that wasn't in my grandparents description- the prior tenants turned their patio into an enclosed room, so it's not included in the floor plan or sq. footage. What a bonus this bonus room is! The kids run out of their room in the morning to this playroom. They run in from the front door whenever we get back, to this playroom. They love it!

And the best part? I can close the doors when it gets messy!!
More pictures coming soon!
6 comments:
LOVE the mantel! LOVE the play room! What a wonderful place :-)
Are you using one room for a craft room? ;-)
Yippee! Gotta love a good playroom, with doors!
So nice!! Isn't it great for the kids to have their own place! Beautiful home. You are so talented with decorating. Miss you!
Yay! I'm so glad you finally have a place for your stuff! Congrats!
Kirsti....What a beautiful home!!! It's so spacious and cheerful! I'm really loving that play room. It's so cheerful and bright!!! I'm also "coveteous" at how organized it is! Wanna come organize my children's playroom too?!? lol!!
Oh look at your beautiful new home! It's so cute and so clean and so organized. Can you come do that to mine? We miss you guys!The boys are getting so big, so fast.
Post a Comment