Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Few of my Favorite Things...

So, since I'm still working hard all day long on unpacking, organizing and decorating, here are a few more of the house. Not that that's the only thing we've been doing. This task has been put on pause for: vacation time with Grandma Judy, Kendi and her kids! We were so lucky to have them come for a few days, one being Judy's birthday. We had a blast celebrating and the kids had tons of fun playing together!
...unpacking, organizing and decorating also gets put on pause daily for lots of trips to the park, shopping errands, airport with Grandma Shauna, play-dates with friends, and gymnastics. We are always having fun!
So, without further ado:
The special flower pot from my Mom! I love it on the porch- and since we've had so much rain lately, I set it on the lawn for a water :) Thanks Momma! Oh, and what to do with those bricks? Maybe I'll find a craft to make with them...
My mantle decked out in St. Patty's green! I made the banner and will post about it on my Kk blog soon. I love me some green!
Thanks to Naomi, who reminded me a house isn't a home until you put pictures on the wall, we put up some art!! I have always loved this picture of Christ with the children and had one in my bedroom growing up too! And I will be updating the blue shelf with a brother's saying instead of the animals. Jeff also built Tyler's new headboard/shelf, so I'll get a picture when I figure out what to put on it.
Playroom decor... AZ for the alphabet, not the state of Arizona, although we do LOVE many people who live there! I still love these animal decals that I got from a trade with JoDell! I made some superhero capes and tutus for some vinyl lettering. I also have "so many toys, so little time" that I need to paint a board and put on for the play room.
and our room-- when Jeff and I got married, he told me he wanted a RED room. Well, red is probably my last choice of favorite colors, but I feel like I have added enough PURPLE- my very favorite color to make it reflect my personality too! There are some girly touches, but he doesn't seem to mind :) I just finished making the chandelier- another vinyl art piece :) This one from Lolly Jane! Now I'm wishing I did white instead of grey, but oh well. I remembered we had a small table in the garage (Jeff's man-cave) that he so kindly brought in for me to put by my bed. Not black, but it works!
And my all-time favorite piece of art from Katie and Randy this past Christmas, the CLARK letters! I love them and knew I wanted them in the front room and I love this spot, with the orchids from Jeff from Valentine's Day, I smile every time I walk in the door and see it all.

We feel so blessed to have a place that is ours, and I am trying extra hard to keep it clean and nice (since I had close to 7 months of nesting stored up!) and it truly feels like a home where my boys can grow up!!

1 comment:

Paxton said...

BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE it all!
I especially love the alphabet (and the toy horse!) and the Clark letters! I need to put up something/make something with Paxton on it for us!