Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Playroom and Preschool!

Our LEARNING PLAYROOM! More fun stuff in this room coming soon!
I did a trade with the fabulous JoDell of Parker*Jane Boutique, and I got these fun alphabet animal vinyl stickers. I decided to paint canvases and line them up above this wonderful...
Shelf that Becca's dad made for us! I saw the pattern on Knock off Wood and just HAD to make them. But do you know me and a hammer? Doesn't really work out. Jeff said he'd give it a stab, but his work schedule has been hectic, so, enter Becca. She's my fabulous friend who always loves my ideas and usually comes up with even better ones! Her dad made one for us and one for them at the same time.
I just love the colors. I will be staining the shelves dark brown *someday* but wish I used red in the canvases. What do you think? I also have a huge fabric map of the world that is half cool/half dorky, but it was a yard of fabric on sale at Walmart for less than $2 and had the exact colors I'm using! I'm also in the process of putting up a sheet of cork to hang the preschool colors and shapes posters for next year. I'm calling this a "learning playroom!"

For preschool last week, we did the letter Q... I'm pretty sure I did the letter Q last time too and what do you do with Q? This time, we painted with Q-tips! I love when all gets quiet and the kids are concentrating very hard!





We were supposed to host R too, but Jackson came down with a horrible fever for 2 days. I've never felt a hotter baby and he was miserable and wouldn't sleep, so we owe you all one summer day to make Recyclable Robots and Rainbow Rice!!

Tyler LOVES his preschool friends! After they all left the other day, Tyler sadly asked me, "Where mine kids go?"

2 comments:

Paxton said...

you are TOO cool! i am totally jealous of your playschool playroom! seriously! coolest room ever! i wish you lived closer!
you come up with the neatest things for your kids! Really, you are such a great mom!

Jewels said...

I wish I lived by you so our kids could do joy school together. I'll have to pick your brain about how your group organizes it. And your learning room is so adorable! I love the animal prints. Too cute. I can't wait to see the world fabric. I bet it'll look adorable!