Sunday, May 30, 2010

Relay for Life

Here's part of our team-- I wish we got one with everyone! Dang it! The other members were manning the fundraising table or walking in the relay at this time.
Here's our Sole Sister's fundraising table

I made keyfobs and headbands! You can go to my kirstikoo blog or etsy store if you want to participate in post-relay fundraising! Go here for more info!

Kim brought a bounce house for the kiddos.
Shannon donated 10 inches of her hair to locks of love! Her idea was contagious and 2 others decided they wanted to participate too! My good friend Becca was the hair cutter/stylist and I was her assistant! :)
The lovely Cheryl announcing about our team.
I love both Shannon's and Becca's faces in this pic!!
The hair-cutters with the Chick-fil-A cow!
I wish I got more pictures of our other team mates, but there was always so much going on!
At about midnight, they turned off the lights and did the Hope Ceremony to honor those who have had cancer.
They did a silent walk with the luminary bags lit up honoring those who have fought cancer or died from cancer. I was honoring Jeff's Grandma Clark, my Grandma Lanie, a good friend Kathy, and my dear friend Toni who is a part of our Sole Sister's team, and she inspired me to be involved. We miss Gma Clark very much, and I was emotional thinking about her.
I am so happy to still have my dear Grandma Lanie, Kathy and Toni. I just felt such an overwhelming love for them and am so happy we get to continue making memories together!

1 comment:

Paxton said...

how very cool! what a neat thing you did with your friends! i'm so proud of you! it takes a lot to actually go out and do something that makes a difference and what you did is amazing! thank you for being an inspiration!