Sunday, May 23, 2010

This Week's Highlights- a crazy week from start to finish!

You know you've had a crazy week when it's Sunday night and you look at the calendar and it still says Monday from the previous week. Happy Birthday Katie! I've been celebrating every day :)

On Monday, our Relay for Life group tie-dyed shirts in the morning and I had a dr. appointment in the afternoon. I'm having hernia repair surgery probably in July, when my mom can come for a week or so and Jeff's parents are coming to visit and help after that! So that's exciting news. I've known I needed to have this done for awhile now, but the time hasn't been right, until now and I'm so glad I will have help from my family!

On Tuesday as I was mailing some packages at the post office, a shelf fell on my foot and instantly swelled up really bad. I thought it was broken, but luckily the bone was just bruised really badly. My good friend watched my kids all day so I could get x-rays and got all cleaned up and bandaged up. She even had delicious dinner and home-made bread ready for me when I picked them up! Thank goodness for good friends!

On Wednesday, we had our Mother-Daughter Dinner for Activity Days. It was really fun. The theme was ''put your best foot forward" (that would've been my right foot :)!!) with a lesson on manners and a little game.
On Thursday, I could hardly move, so any chance I had, I rested on the couch. Tyler was my little messenger boy and we even developed a game I could play while laying down!! We tried to shoot the fan or the tv and we were both cracking up laughing (I had a little kick from the pain killers, I'm sure). He even ran and got my camera and took pictures of me being a bum!

On Friday, we had Relay for Life! It was so wonderful to be a part of and I was there in Memory of Grandma Clark and in Honor of my Grandma Lanie and a couple other good friends who fought cancer! Tyler helped me decorate the luminaria and it was really special to see it as I walked by. It was a great experience and I'm sure I'll do it again! (I'll do a whole post on Relay for Life)

On Saturday, I was exhausted all day and started feeling sick so I once again, was a bum, and jumped in bed anytime Jackson was napping or the boys were happy. At about 2 in the afternoon I realized we were out of diapers and milk so I better get my butt to the store. I decided on Target and had lunch while we were there. Can I say, I just love eating at Target? I can feed my boys and myself for $6.50 which includes chicken nuggets, apple slices, popcorn, a pretzel, drinks and even curly straws. What could be better than that?
On the way home from Target, my car said it was 94 degrees and I decided we needed a dip in the pool. So we headed over and had a delightful time. Jeff even got to meet us over there when he got home from work!! No pictures there, though I do have a quick video clip from my phone!

I hope you don't mind my detailed description of each day, my way to record and remember.

2 comments:

Paxton said...

what an eventful week! crazy! i am glad your foot was not broken, but it's too bad you have been feeling so bad! :-( are you sick, or "other" reasons, or your foot?
by the way, even being a "bum" on the couch you look absolutely stunning! I'm totally jealous if that is you in lazy mode! you still are gorgeous! :-P

Jewels said...

What a busy week! So sorry about your foot, but happy the Relay for Life was such a great event. Hope your have a very un-busy week this week!