Friday, September 5, 2008

FRIDAY FIVE

Five words we cannot say at this house without meaning it (and stories to go along with them!):
1. "Jay Jay" Jeff's parents sent a package for Tyler awhile ago with videos, t-shirts and goodies. At that time, Tyler had NO interest in the tv, ever, no matter what was on. Except to turn it off and on, which is why we have covered the button with a gerber plastic lid (thanks for the idea Sydni!). We tried out each video and found the one that worked: Jay Jay the Jet Plane! Anytime throughout the day that I need a few minutes (like right now for example), I yell, Jay Jay! and Tyler runs to the tv. He knows how to push in the video, turn it on, and even pull in and out the red & yellow cables, making the picture and sound go on and off! He loves Jay Jay and pretty much airplanes in general!
2. "Bubble Bath" This is what saves my evening. But I cannot say those two simple words prematurely, or else I am in big trouble. He'll repeat "bubba bubba" until he is in that tub full of bubbles. And then he'll yell "ma bubba" until he feels like there are enough bubbles to cover his head!
3. "Daddy's Truck" Jeff comes home off and on throughout the day and anytime he needs to work outside, he'll take Tyler with him. Tyler will crawl through the truck all the way to the drivers side, stand up by the steering wheel and instantly go for the wipers. He even knows how to push the button for the fluid to come out. Jeff's windshield is not dirty very often anymore. When I know he's on his way, I'll yell "Daddy's coming" or "lets go find the truck" and we'll run to the window and wait. One day at the park, he drove by and I didn't even notice. It was Tyler who started yelling "Dada!" that brought it to my attention!
4. "Outside" or "Bye-Bye" or "Go" all words that make Tyler stop what he is doing and run for the door. He will sit by the door with his feet up in the air until I put his shoes on, which brings me to:
5. "Shoes" which means run through the house like a crazy person until two of the same kind are found... and then go somewhere. This week we had a cool day so we needed to get him a pair to wear with socks. And his sandals are getting small anyway. So Tyler and I headed to Payless! He was in heaven! I would tell him to try these and he'd sit down and stick his feet up in the air. Then he would run up and down the isles loving the new shoes. He looked like he was ready to go to school or something in his "big kid shoes!"

1 comment:

Weston and William's Blog said...

What a fun "Friday Five!" We have lots of similar words too- isn't it funny! Tyler sounds like he is just the cutest little guy!!