Monday, September 22, 2008
the night that could have been...
On Friday morning, Jeff woke me (and tyler) up to show us something outside. I'm usually good at his "guess what is in the backyard" type of games. But at 8:00 am, in my half-asleep sleep-talk mode, my best answer was "a giraffe?" He proceeded to drag me out of my bed, pillows in hand as we walked outside. And then we saw it, right above our neighbors' rooftops, a hot air balloon!
The next night, Becca and Tyler invited us to join them at Plano's Balloon Festival that is held yearly- they launch all the hot air ballons at 6pm. I knew we'd be pushing it on time because Jeff had a full day of fertilizing applications to do. But I got us all prepared beforehand. We set out on our journey with our trusty GPS... after about 20 minutes and at exactly 6:00 we heard, "now arriving at address, on right." I look around in the neighboorhood. There was no park and no hot air balloons! I got the wrong stinking address off the internet. As we turned around, I remembered the huge traffic jam we saw off the freeway that I was so glad we were going the opposite direction- but now we were stuck in it. For about an hour. And we could have completely avoided it if we had gone the correct way off the freeway. I was so mad at myself. Then there was my sweet husband, the whole time, singing to music and telling me to smile. Tyler woke up and started crying, kept crying so hard that he made himself sick. I've heard of kids doing this, but Tyler has never done it before. At about 7:00, after driving for an hour and a half, when we saw all the balloons overhead, we decided to just turn around and go home. Once again, my sweet husband, sees my favorite place: Sonic and suggests we stop for dinner. We had a nice dinner that included an extra long chili cheese coney, cheeseburger, cherry limeade, tots (for the tot), and of course 2 jr. banana splits. So thanks to my sweet husband, the night that could have been wonderful, still was!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello! This is an old friend of Jeff's-we grew up together! It was fun seeing your sweet family and I also checked out your kirstikoo products-very cute!! I might just have to order a diaper clutch when I can switch over to a regular purse (from a diaper bag). Tell Jeff that Sherri says hello!
Wow, what a story! I'm sorry you missed the balloons and got to be in traffic instead. You'll look back and remember this day. Glad Jeff helped make it so much better!
Post a Comment