Friday, September 12, 2008

Any Suggestions?

I am so thankful we are having a second boy because I don't have to rebuy so many of the things we already have in another color! There are a couple things I do need/want to get for the new baby and would LOVE some suggestions on brands.
#1: Double stroller. I've been reading reviews and its just so hard to tell. We are getting a Toys R Us, Babies R Us and Super Target!! right next to our home next month so I get to look at the stores instead of guess online. But I would love a suggestion on a double stroller. It definitely needs to be tandem, not side to side. I have a small trunk, so I was drawn to the sit'n'stand, but I have 2 worries. 1-I haven't seen a Graco, and I need the snugride carseat to fit in the stroller, and 2-I've heard the back seat isn't all that comfortable. Anyone love their double stroller?
#2: Bedside Bassinet. I have a pack'n'play with a top part for newborns, but I'd love a bassinet that vibrates or rocks and maybe sings songs. I just know I will be in need of any extra sleep I can get in those first few weeks and my babies dont sleep well. Vibrating always does the trick! Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Burnhams said...

Hi, you have no idea who I am, but I am Julie Dennys SIL, I was bored and started looking at her links. Anyway I have a sit 'n' stand. I love it, My Graco snug seat fits in the front. My son dosent mind the back, he has never complained. the only drawback is it is hard to push, but I think all doubles are. I dont actually use mine near as much as I thought I would and could be talked into trading it in for a double umbrella type stroller now that I dont use it with the carseat anymore. oh and I have a small trunk too.

The Clark Family said...

Hey Kirsti!

Get the sit n' stand!! We love ours. The above poster is right, it is hard to push at times but definitely worth it. Our car seat also fits in the front and Tanner really likes the back. Actually, the other day I put Blake in the back without the car seat and Tanner sat in the front. Blake never had a problem and she is only 3 months. So, I like that sometimes Tanner can be in the front and can't reach back and get to Blake too easily. It folds up really tight and fits in the trunk of our Focus...and that is small!!

Weston and William's Blog said...

Hey Kirsti!
Okay, so we have had 4 double strollers now- in search for the *perfect* one ;) Needless to say, I don't think it exists. All double strollers seem to suck. They are all heavy, hard to steer... I hardly EVER use ours- I make Weston walk and push William as much as I can. I maybe use ours twice a month. Seriously.

That said, there are times when we NEED the double stroller, and then we have a Maclaren Twin Traveller. I LOVE it. We also have a Graco Duo-glider, but BOTH my boys HATE it. Neither like the back seat, and who ever is back there is either kicking his brother, pulling his hair... whatever, they manage to annoy the living daylights out of each other! So, the front-to-back does NOT work for our family, plus it is so big! The side-by-sides are WONDERFUL. Honestly. At first I thought I wouldn't like them, but I LOVE ours. If you decide to look at any of those, do NOT get a Peg Perego. They are the lightest, but that means they don't hold up and don't work once your kids are just a little heavier, or different weights. When Weston weighed 25lbs and William 15, I could hardly steer it. I called Peg Perego and they said their twin strollers are made for babies, not toddlers. Who would pay that amount of money for a stroller you can only use for 3 months?? I have also had the Inglesina, and that was nice, but we love love love Maclaren! I have a single and a twin, and even Raymond is compleatly sold! They are worth every penny (we bought ours used on Craigs list) because they will work for a LONG time.

Sorry about the novel. Try them out, and honestly, see if you can buy them used. That's the best advice, that way if you change your mind, you're not as much in the hole!

Toni said...

As if you don't have enough info on strollers. We had 13 foster kids and went through several double strollers over 3 years. I agree, learned to love the side by side as long as it is narrow enough to fit through a standard door. Hate peg peregos. Jennie Furness has the perfect one. Ask her about it in YW.
Love your blog.