Thursday, July 10, 2008

My baby has a heart beat!

...and I got to hear it! One of the most peaceful sounds in the world!
Today was my first doctors appointment, and it went pretty well. Though I had to give blood (which I hate to do). I think I'm kinda possessive of my blood, cuz as she's taking it, I asked her what we were testing for. She replies: blood type (coulda told ya), HIV (dont need), STDs (dont need), hepatitis (dont need-thanks mom, I got the shots!)... the list goes on and I'm thinking, I just wasted like 6 ounces of blood!
Oh well, luckily it didn't hurt too bad and after today's visit I know the baby is alive and well :)
We will find out on the 31st if its a boy or girl and I just can't decide, so help me out and VOTE!

9 comments:

Weston and William's Blog said...

ohhh I hate when they take my blood, especially after the first one! My goodness! Wow you find out really soon if you're having a boy or girl! What are you guys hoping for? Of course either will be perfect- I LOVE having two boys because they will be perfect playmates... but everytime I pass the little girl clothes in the stores I just about die... :)

Chadna said...

I couldn't agree more with your hatred for SHOTS!! UGH!! Every time they're about to poke me, I tell them that I can't watch. One nurse even taped the cotton ball with one LOOOOONG piece of tape that I reluctantly had to rip off of my new sunburn. Nice.
We miss you.

Oh, and If you have a girl, our girls will just have to be best friends, AAAND if it's a boy... they'll date. I'm cool with either. haha

Jeffers said...

Totally not sure what I want. At first we were absolutely positive we wanted a girl next. But lately I've been thinking how nice it would be to have the 2 close together both be boys. They can share a room and I wont have to do a whole lot of shopping. But then I see pink and purple and dresses and bows and instantly change my mind!!

Jerai Moulton said...

So remember how in college we realized that we were the same person when it came to practically everything? Well, I guess drawing blood is our one difference. When I had my blood drawn at our first appointment, the nurse said that she was impressed because she had never seen any one actually watch what she was doing the whole time. =) Also, I hope for Tyler's sake (and mine) it's a boy.

Aubrey Scott said...

you're pregnant!! Congrats! I'm so excited for you. I haven't looked at you're blog for a while. How are you feeling? Thanks for telling me that your son didn't sleep well. I was begining to think mine was the only one. Sorry about the blood. I know it's stupid, but they have to make sure. Hope all goes well.

Kimberly Clark said...

Having one boy and one girl has been great for me cause I didn't crave the other one. I cant wait to find out what your having. either one works and you will enjoy!

The Clark Family said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting and whatever you have, you and Jeff will be great at having two and the next one will be just as cute as Tyler :) I hope you are feeling good!!

Ashli Brown said...

I loved hearing the heart beat of my boys. But Im the opposite with blood, i liked to watch the needle obviously a good plasma donator. I guessed a girl. There are so many boys we need some girls around here.

Coon Family said...

I think if I was smarter I would have recorded my baby's heart beat! I know it is such an amazing sound to hear and what a comfort. It makes the baby seem "alive" verses just extra tummy. We find out on wednesday the 23rd if ours is a girl or boy!!