Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fireworks and Girls Camp

This week has been exciting and fun! Thursday-Friday I went to our Stake's Girls camp as a Beehive leader. It was in Oklahoma at a state park and was awesome. I kept telling the girls how lucky they are to get cabins when we usually pitched tents and peed outside (okay, we had bathrooms but still!) By the time I got home Fri afternoon, I was exhausted! I don't have that young body anymore, I remember staying up til 3 everynight and now I do it once and feel like I got hit by a bus. It was great though, we played some fun Rook games and had a great testimony meeting.
On Saturday night, the city of Allen had their big 4th celebration. We let Tyler stay up and went to the park to see the fireworks: He loved them! He'd stand up and clap or point and even screamed for joy in between the big ones. I've always loved fireworks but there was something special about watching with our little family that made it so satisfying. Earlier in the day, we took him to the Fairview festival and he got to see and touch farm animals and go down a big blowup slide!

5 comments:

Weston and William's Blog said...

I'm the Miamaid advisor! What a great calling, isn't it? I hope to get out to girls camp- ours is in a couple weeks. Oh, to be young again!

Ashli Brown said...

Sounded like a fun Saturday. Zane's a party pooper about fireworks, he just doesn't care. The Fairview festival sounds like it was fun, i wish i knew about it the boys would have loved it. I did see some of their firework when we were on our way to target. All of them were so low i thought id be able to see them from our yard, my bad. now i know.

Melonie said...

The coolest fireworks show I have seen was out over the Grapevine Lake. The fireworks were in the sky and reflecting on the lake. It was just beautiful!

Bec said...

hey!! I am back finally..so we need to get together!! Also, I have pics of you guys from that night I need to e-mail you so send me your e-mail address!

Kimberly Clark said...

oh, how fun! I am glad you had a great 4th.