Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our little talker

Tyler is just starting to repeat things we say or ask him to say and even has surprised us a time or two by answering questions we ask him. Today Jeff and I were shocked when we were looking at a picture of Christ and asked him "Is that Jesus, does He love you?" and he nodded his head and said "Yes." I've never heard him say yes before so we were shocked. It was such a precious moment and I will never forget it!
He has also said:
EIEI-O when we read the book
"Hello?" when he picked up the phone
"binki" when I asked him what he wanted
"more bubu" when he wanted us to keep playing with bubbles
"dide" when he wants to go outside at 2:00 pm and I have to tell him, "too hot, honey. sorry."
"glock" and points to his clock every morning when he wakes up...maybe the ticking bugs him!

It has been so fun to hear him say things that I had no idea he even realized. I guess it is a good thing that I just walk around the house talking constantly. It's amazing what kids pick up without formally teaching them. My favorite thing is when I ask him a question and he actually answers me...finally!! a conversation :)

6 comments:

Melonie said...

How precious! Now is the time to start watching how you talk. He really will pick up on everything you say, not just the cute things. Lily said to me today, "Don't talk to me like that, Mama." Oh boy, Miss Attitude.

Chris and Jordan said...

Hey, it's been awhile i'm glad you found my blog! Congrats on being pregnant, that is so exciting! I'm so sorry about the chiggers, that would be awful. How are things going for you guys? Keep in touch ok

Bec said...

that is so stinkin cute!! I love it!! He is such a smart little toot! thanks for the website! And yeah church just wasn't the same! I feel like there are hardly any babies at all! ahhhhh

Jerai Moulton said...

That is such a fun time when they start talking and saying cute little things. How are you doing? Tired like crazy? I'm sorry to hear about your crazy bug story, but I have to admit that I did laugh a little. And even though I don't live in Texas, I might start wearing shoes more often outside.

Kimberly Clark said...

He is growing up so fast I cant believe it. Hope you all are doing well.

Chadna said...

Awww. little Tyler. He's adorable! We missed you at church. Becca and I were sitting in Relief Society with Zach. It's so quiet because ALL the babies were gone. At least we have more hands to help. haha.