"Mom, does Santa have private parts?"
Tyler and Jackson were given a Power Wheels Jeep Truck that they can ride in and drive in the backyard. Tyler has gotten really good at it, and knows how to go forward and switch the gears to go backward and which direction to turn. "I told him, pretty soon you'll be ready to drive a real car."
He said, "no, not yet. I might crash into a police man. And then that would be bad. And then I'd be put in jail."
On the way back from Vegas (4 hour drive) Tyler was talking up a storm.
Ty: "We don't spit. Huh Mom, we don't spit. Can I spit on bugs?"
Me: "Um, no I don't know why you'd want to spit on bugs."
Ty:"But can I spit on them?"
Me: "I guess, if you really want to and we are outside"
Ty: "So can I spit on Roley Poleys?"
me (exhausted of this conversation) "Sure"
Ty: "But I don't want to! I like Roley Poleys."
Last week, one of my dear friends lost her baby at 18 weeks. It was a devastatingly sad day, and I was an emotional wreck after I heard the news. Tyler saw me crying and asked what was wrong. I told him that my friend's baby died. When he asked me why, I told him that the baby was sick and Heavenly Father needed her back in heaven. I told him it was a really good thing because heaven is so much better than earth.
A couple days later while I was saying a dinner prayer, Tyler said (during my prayer), "Mom don't forget to say, Thank you that we die."
I turned that sentence into, "Thank you for the plan of salvation, that we get to live on earth and then go back to heaven and live with you and Jesus."
I hope this was a good learning experience for him, I know I always have to be ready to explain basic concepts into something a 4 year old can comprehend.
1 comment:
Good job Kirsti! As Joseph gets older and asks me questions about things like that, I have to make sure I'm always ready to teach him things like that. They're so important, but can be made so simple for even 4 year olds to understand. I'm always amazed at how much they get from those types of discussions, but they're listening.
Post a Comment