Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tyler is 3!!

All week, we've been working on the "how old are you?" conversation. Tyler would say, "I almost not 2, I almost 3!" and hold up 3 fingers.

On Thursday, preschool was at our house, so we had a little birthday party at the end!
The kids loved the blowers, and of course the cupcakes!
I died the batter and the frosting green, because GNEEN is Tyler's favorite. (Yes, gNeen)
On Friday night, we did cake and ice cream and had a few friends over for a last minute party.
Because Jackson's b-day is on New Year's Eve, we did poppers on his birthday. I guess Tyler thinks every party gets poppers, because he saw them at the store and said, "get this, my birthday" So, we went outside and popped poppers and instead of yelling Happy New Years, we yelled Happy Birthday! I guess this will be a family tradition of ours! :)
I loved watching Tyler's face as we sang to him his favorite song. He followed along with the words, "to YOU" and was just delighted when we sang, "to TYLER"
Don't you love his frog/monster/alligator "3" shirt?!
I had envisioned a beautiful dirt cake with a road for the cars and some grass... this is how it turned out... (I'm obviously no cake decorator!)
While no one was looking, Tyler decided to take a taste :)
Our college friend Neil just moved here to work with Jeff and he set up a projector for us to watch CARS on the big screen!!
We had a great day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER BOY!

6 comments:

Jewels said...

Wow, happy birthday Tyler. I do love his shirt. Pretty adorable. Are you ready to have a 3 year old?

Paxton said...

I love the cake! What a great idea, and I love his shirt :-) Congrats on making it 3 years with him still intact! I can't believe it's been 3 years since we met! He was SO TINY when we met in Orlando and now look at him! Asking for poppers, and having favorite colors! Amazing!

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun. Birthday parties for little kids are a lot of work but also a lot of fun!

Melonie said...

Awesome job Kirsti! You can tell Tyler felt very special and to me that is what birthdays are all about. Great work on the cake. I love the grass hill in the middle. :D We will see if I can pull off my kid's cake creation next week. Princess castle here we come!

Weston and William's Blog said...

I can't believe the last time I saw him was when he was just a small, one month old baby and we were leaving for Chicago... man. Time goes by so quickly!! I love his shirt! So precious!!!

Melonie said...

OH, and something I just learned. If dying cake batter you have to use the WHOLE container of food dye... some colors will need two containers (like red). :D I'll be attempting to make green green cupcakes for Lily this week.