Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hi Texas!

We had a wonderful visit with Jeff's family this past week. Jeff and I kept saying how sad it was that it took a death in the family to get everyone together again, but it sure has put life back in perspective. At the funeral, one of the speakers said something like, if there was no mourning in death, there'd be no love in life. I really like that. The more time I spend with Jeff's family, the more I love them. We had some very tender, special moments together.
We were planning on leaving the day Grandma passed away, but Grandpa asked us to help in the funeral so we decided to stay. I said the obituary and Jeff gave a wonderful talk about his Grandma; happy memories and things she taught him. It was a beautiful ceremony and there was not a dry eye in the full chapel.

We are back home now, we split up the 12 hour drive into 2 days this time and still I feel like I was hit by a bus. "did you see it? The bus that hit me?" My dad always used to say that... :) We've been recovering from the stomach flu or food poisoning, something awful and luckily now have our own beds to sleep in. I love hotels and all, but, ya know...
Now it's onto catch up: unpacking, laundry, cleaning, orders, dishes... a shower should be included in there somewhere and also we are hoping to get to playgroup tomorrow because Tyler has been begging me to take him to the park. "The big, big, big park."

Well, that's all for now. I have about 5 hours of American Idol DVR-ed, plus the Bachelor, Greys, Cold Case and a big soft bed waiting for me. I know, my life is so hard! :)

3 comments:

Paxton said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I am so glad you were able to all be there as a family to support each other! Welcome back home :-)

beadify said...

i haven't checked in for a while. loved the formula mess. i checked out the links while i was there...oh, boy! :)
thanks for the YW ideas. it's been crazy, but I'm learning so much!

Melonie said...

I'm glad you made it home and hope you are all feeling better from your stomach bug. We've sure been thinking about you tons. Good luck getting back on track. Call me sometime! love ya!