Thursday, March 25, 2010

Missing you lots and lots especially today!

My mom and dad were supposed to come to visit this weekend, but one of my dad's best employees had surgery and is recovering, so Dad couldn't leave. Darn appendicitis.
Anyway, just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and missing you and also a little bit feeling sorry for myself. Just a little...

So, here's a funny story with a little background for those of you who don't know my family. My parents own a grocery store that has been in our family since 1917: Wolfe's Market. It has delicious gourmet items you can only get at specialty stores and a beautiful deli of home-made meals that I miss all the time (especially when I'm pregnant, which I'm not by the way) and has a gorgeous mural on the wall. Anyway, it is always the second or third place we go when I visit home. I miss it often.
Growing up, there was really only one other grocery store in town. My friends were not allowed to shop there. Or tell me that you got something there. It was a swear word in our home. The place we are not allowed to step foot in. The place that we only go at desperate times, like when Jeff had a horrible cold sore and needed medication on the way to the mountains over Thanksgiving. We were having so much fun in the car waiting for him, that we snapped some pictures:

and then we noticed the V-word made it in our picture. Oops. Evidence.

There. Much better!! I don't remember how long we laughed in the car after this picture. A long time.

I love you MOM and DAD! Can't wait for the 4th or 5th week in April. We will have so much fun: Target runs, eating out, playing trains, catching up, carousel rides. I'm sure Jeff will try to find Avatar playing somewhere in a 50 mile radius, and if there is still time, planting flowers. As long as that doesn't get in the way of all of our other fun plans. Oh, and Hobby Lobby. Just for you dad.

5 comments:

Paxton said...

Is it weird that no matter how old you get, a visit from your parents is always the best :-) I am so jealous that my sister lives close to my parents :-P
Wolfe's Market looks so cute! ...if grocery stores were cute...

Unknown said...

I loved going to Wolfe's Market!! I loved the small town feeling it gave you.

Melonie said...

Too cute. I'm sure your dad just LOVES Hobby Lobby! :D

Kirsti said...

HAHA! The first time we took him there, he walked inside and said, "hey, you tricked me. This isn't a hobby store, its a girlie store!"

Kelly said...

hahaha, this made my day. So funny. I LOVED Wolfe's Market!! I would always get the dried fruit there. The stuff that came in a clear bin and tasted just like candy?