Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Jack Jack


My little Jackson... Oh how I love him. At a little over a year old, he is very good at:
  • Saying mama and dadda. "mamamamam, dadadadadada"... you get the picture. He also says a very funny tchtch sound that I think means Tyler.
  • Giving kisses on demand. Whenever I say "Gimme a kiss!" he'll usually move his face closer to me, so I can nibble his cheek, but sometimes he actually opens his mouth and goes in for a big one!
  • Clearing his high chair tray in .5 seconds-- he is a great eater. His favorites are fruits, veggies (finger food, not baby food), apple sauce, turkey, cheese and of course, cookies. He loves 'Nilla Wafers.
  • Snuggling his face right into my neck. I love it! He is the best cuddler.
  • Laughing. It doesn't happen very often, but when he laughs, he lets it all out. It almost sounds like a cry its so powerful. The other day, Tyler was banging a metal straw on another piece of metal and it made a really funny sound. Jackson sat there and cracked up so hard I was almost in tears watching, it was so hilarious.
  • Opening and closing doors. He has a love/hate relationship with doors. Sometimes he shuts himself in a room and screams until I find him. When I open the door for him to get out, he just instantly closes it again- trapping himself yet again.
  • He can fit anything in his mouth- ping pong balls, little people toys, a whole oreo. This guy has a large mouth!
I love my little Jackson-- I think back to the day he was born very often. It was so traumatic and scary, everything went wrong that could go wrong. My body hurt for months, reminding me of the horrible way he was brought into the world. I actually suffered from post traumatic stress for a few months. But, slowly over time, as I think about how blessed we are that he is in our family, those stressful feelings are transferring to peaceful thoughts. I'm so glad his life was spared and that I get to have my little Jack Jack. I just wouldn't be the same person without him. I'm grateful for the atonement that has brought me to this point, and the love of my Heavenly Father who has allowed me to find peace and beauty from such a scary situation. Jackson is our miracle and we are so blessed that he is a part of our family.

p.s. Took him to the dr today, he weighs 23 lbs, 2 oz!

2 comments:

Paxton said...

Better to love Nilla Wafers than those gross Gerber Cookies that melt ALL over!
He really is a cutie! I'm sorry that it was such a traumatic birth, but the best part is, he's here and he's happily growing! Seriously a cute baby though!

Weston and William's Blog said...

I had forgotten about the entrance he had into this world- I had to go back and re-read your last January post! My gosh, it reminded me again of how scary childbirth can be- and I'm SO glad everything turned out okay! He is such a cute little stinker!!! I love the chub!

Oh, and while I was back in your 2009 Januray folder, I saw your post about the Crayola bath dyes... Santa brought them for Christmas this year and my boys LOVE them! I had remembered you posting about them, so I thought as a treat I would try them out- so glad I did!

Miss you girl!