Everytime he'd cough, I'd look at him and say "I'm so sorry you're sick."
He'd say, "yeah, but it ok."
Later in the week when he'd cough, he'd say to me, "you sorry mommy? I so sick."
One day he told me he wanted some chocolate. I told him, "no, that will make your throat hurt"
He said, "No mommy, it will make me feel all better"
-------------------------------------
A few days after Tyler and Jeff made cupcakes together, Tyler was licking the frosting of the last 2. I told him to eat what he wanted and then I would throw them away. (they were hard and stale) He said he wanted to make more cupcakes. (one of his favorite things to do/eat)
I told him, "Not today. Some-other day"
He asked me "when mother day?" I must have blurred some and mother together, cuz when I played it back in my head, it did sound like I said some Mother day. Funny!
------------------------------------
The last few days, I've been doing all I can to make him eat something. anything.
I've tried my dad's famous "Don't eat that!" and it really works. A little too well. Now when I really mean don't do...something, he looks at me with this silly grin and does exactly what I told him not to do.
Such as: "don't hit anyone with that. Be careful" --Brother gets conked in the head.
"Don't climb on the couch please." --Little monkey is on top of the couch in a second.
"Please don't yell anymore." --The noises get louder.
Now I've resorted to:
"Give me that stick or you're on timeout." -- here you go mommy.
"Did you know there are monsters on top of the couch?" --plop.
"Wow, Tyler I love that singing. It's so pretty. Can you go sing to Daddy?" --works like a charm.
and my all-time favorite:
"Tyler, don't eat those carrots. Daddy really wants them." --gone.
-------------------------------
6 comments:
That's so funny! What a fun age...and probably a little hard too.
Hilarious!
Oh it looks like you have it figured out! He sounds like such a funny kid! Both of your boys are so cute!!
Seriously adorable little boy! I LOVE that you are documenting his "funnies" We think at the time that I will remember this forever, then the next week...
something new that pushes the old out of our mind! I love hearing about your boys, they are just TOO precious!
Oh and do you follow "MADE" I LOVE her blog and she is doing a month of boy crafts in february! Wasn't I JUST saying there needed to be more of that? HA! The universe listens to me! :-) I have a link on my blog, in case you don't have it!
Oh and p.s. I told Jordan the story about him peeing on Mr. Incredibles face, and he thought it was hilarious :-)
Ha ha ha! I love this stage! They can be so hilarious. :) I'm gonna have to use that "Go sing to Daddy for while" one - perfect!
Post a Comment