Friday, January 22, 2010

Cleaning, Grooming, and Catching up

I've closed my etsy shop for a few days and I feel brand new. I didn't realize how much I worked until I stopped working. I still have a few orders to catch up on and honestly dreaded getting another sale. I promised myself that when it got to that point, I'd take a break.
So, I'm taking a little break. A break to renew myself, pay my bills, organize my house, give the boys haircuts, take them to the park, clean the kitchen and just plain pay more attention to my family!

The boys' room. I love it! Especially when it is clean. There's not a lot of room for playing, but all the essentials fit in there. They have really enjoyed falling to sleep together. I remember that being one of my favorite types of memories with my sister. I always loved sharing a room with her!
Here's Tyler's letter R rabbit ears. They must have talked about frogs too, because he hopped around the house with his rabbit ears saying "ribbit, I'm a rabbit, Ribbit, ribbit!" It was so funny! He has had a ton of fun this week at Luke's. On the way home he said, "Mom, I want to do that again." I asked him what he wanted to do again and he said "That. Preschool." :) Thanks Hillary!
Jackson has really funny hair. It is perfectly straight on top, and in the back it is fuzzy and sticks straight out. It has a really thick course texture too-- I call it Katie hair! (Good thing she's a girl and she gets to have it long and pretty!)
So, I decided to trim the back to see if that would calm it down. I think it looks much better.
It was so funny as I was trying to take a picture of the back of him, he just kept turning and turning as I did. But he was looking straight up at me, so he kept falling over. I was laughing so hard, I couldn't even take a good picture!!
I cut Tyler's hair this morning too, so I'll take one when I do the boys hair today for our Target trip today!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm so excited for my girls to share a room! I always wanted to have a roomate growing up but all I had were brothers! Im totally jelous of my girls!
Im excited you get to go to target today...target days are always fabulous days!:)

Paxton said...

There seems to be only about 2 hair styles that look good on little boys, the bowl cut (my nephew ROCKS that one) and really short. Weird huh? Lucky to have a little girl that I don't have to worry about that! But I think Jackson's hair looks SUPER cute after you cut it! Maybe when he gets older he can have the cute little moppy curls that some boys get to wear :-)

HILL HESS said...

They really were funny at preschool. I think they thought rabbits said, "RIBBIT"! I'll post some pics and you can copy whatever you want of Tyler. So fun!

Melonie said...

Too cute! Jackson's curls are so cute. Sometime you will have to let them grow out so you can see what they look like long. :D I hope you enjoy your break! Gotta love a break after hard work.