Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tyler Talk

Phrases that you will hear my 2 and a half year old say (over and over) if you came to our house:
"Mommy, Mommy! ...Mommy, MOM!... Tursti!"
Don't think I'm ignoring him. This is happening over a 5 second span. He just started learning that we all have names. The other day, he looked at me and said, "Ty'yer, MY name" and pointed to himself.
"Goway, YeavemeYone!"
This one made me laugh the first time, but now it just plain hurts my feelings. I tried to figure out where he picked this up, until one day we were outside and the mosquitos were everywhere. He yelled it at them and then I realized that's what I say everytime there is a fly by me. I've since then explained to him that we do not say go away, leave me alone to dads, moms or baby brothers. Only to bugs.
"Yeyow dinky, me!"
This means give me my yellow binky now. (aka a melt-down is about to happen.) I go back and forth everyday about whether I should take his binky away or not. Kids have security blankets or dolls or stuffed animals. He has his binky. I feel like it might be the same philosophy as potty training, keep working on it but it'll happen when he's ready? I hope so.
"Yast one!"
This will be explained in tomorrow's post when I talk about our night time routine. Though I think you can imagine what it means and when it's said...

For now, Good Night!!

2 comments:

Weston and William's Blog said...

Kirsti, I really enjoy your blogs, and it's amazing how close to you I still feel through it! I wish we could be mommies together- I think we would have quite the adventures and stories! I love how Tyler calls you by your name. HAHA. The about the bugs- isn't it funny what they pick up on and then try and manipulate?

Miss you!

The Thomson Tribe said...

I remember the "Yast one". I think I must have read him 5 or 6 books putting him to bed when I was sitting them a couple months ago. After every book I'd explain, OK, this is REALLY the last one. He'd agree. But after THAT book he'd bring me another. I'd start to protest and he'd say "no, no, yast one. Yast one." So, I'd read him another. :) he is so cute and funny!
-Steph