Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A very weird day...

...should always be followed by a tub of ice cream.
Weird day item #1: I went to a breast surgeon today who told me I won't have to have surgery on my boob (yay!) but I will have to have surgery on my hernia. (my what?) I didn't know I had a hernia. But it might explain why I have a little bulge and some tenderness around my belly button. I really thought this was just healing from the c-section!
Weird day item #2: For about 20 minutes, there was both a tortoise AND a hare in my backyard. I kid you not. Last night Jeff brought home a turtle from work. (on the way home, he saw it in the road and debated whether to run it over or bring it home. What a guy. He chose the latter.) We haven't seen a bunny for a couple of months, I love how he chose the same day that we have a turtle in a tub to come!
Weird day item #3: I electrocuted myself in the fish tank! I stuck my hand in to grab a floating string of algae and the top of my arm touched the lights on the lid and it shocked me!! I screamed and haven't touched it since. My forearm still feels weird! Jeff will be on fish out the trash duty from now on.
What a weird day!! Once I get Tyler in bed, I have a date with the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

2 comments:

Aubrey Scott said...

umm what is this about weird lumps on your body? I hope you are okay. You've got me worried. Anything I can do for you?

Melonie said...

Sorry about the hernia! I hope your surgery and recovery are super easy. Your friends there better take good care of you! Wish I could share some of that ice cream with you.