Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our Fortune

The other day, Jeff brought home chinese food. It's always a happy day when there's orange chicken and rice involved. "wice" as Tyler says each time we drive by Panda Express.
A couple hours later, Tyler found the fortune cookie and we cracked it open. Here's our conversation:
"Oh, you want the cookie?"
"Me do"
"Ok, you open it."
"Paper," as he hands it to me.
"Your financial situation will soon improve." I read
"YAY!" tyler yelled excitedly!

I couldn't stop cracking up. I talk to my kids all day long; read them things, talk about what I'm doing or about to do and make jokes. Usually no one laughs at my jokes or replies to my constant jabbering. Now I am getting replies and having conversations with my 2 year old. I LOVE it! Tyler has been so fun to be around lately, he is really my little pal!

5 comments:

Paxton said...

ha, I remember when my sister called me and said her daughter actually had a conversation with her that made sense instead of just repeating things back.
it is so exciting to reach each new stage in your childs life :-) congrats on the new conversations!

Melonie said...

how fun. and great fortune to you! :D

Unknown said...

So i was looking at your craft blog and clicked on the fabric link and I think that i'm in love! The fabrics are beautiful! I don't how i'm ever gonna choose! I'm gonna buy some to make my sister's nursing apron and an regular cooking apron for my sis-in-law. Oh I was wondering if you have the pattern for those backpacks that we made in YW's. I can't seem to find mine. I want to expand on the pattern to make some really cute backpacks to sell. Send me a message on my blog!

Paxton said...

i know i LOVE moda bake shop! so many ideas! i noticed you added a lot of things to your etsy shop :-) so many pretty things! you'll definitely be having big order from me once all the babies in my family are here :-) christmas for them all! :-)

Coon Family said...

I would love you get friends recipes, especially yours! Food is so much better when it comes from friends!!

Yeah for talking!!!