On Tuesday, we set out to see all things aquatic at the Dallas World Aquarium. It was pretty cool...
We started (and ended) with the sharks (cuz they were so cool!)
Tyler kept yelling "nine" and "booboo" when he'd see this one. (nine=knife). It looks just like the hedge trimmer Jeff has in our garage that we tell him he will get booboos if he touches it! Ouch.
This little birdie was hungry, so we gave him one of Jackson's dissolvable corn puffs. He thanked us by posing for a picture. Thanks "burpie."
The waterfall by the penguins and lizards, another one of our favorite areas.
You can't see it very well, but there is a crocodile behind us. This was just a few minutes after they scared Tyler and a bunch of kids almost to tears!!
...So there were two crocodiles sun bathing right next to the glass. Their bodies were half in the water, half out so we could see them very well. All of a sudden, one crocodile freaked out and suddenly whipped his head around which scared the other one and they both flipped around and splashed water higher than the kids' heads. They all screamed and I saw Tyler run in place for a few seconds before he knew what to do. Then he grabbed my legs and said, "aligada bite!" They were only inches away when that happened and right at eye level, so I don't blame them all for screaming! It was really funny. I kept hearing random people talk about it for the rest of the day.
I think the chameleon was my favorite. His colors were beautiful! It reminded me of the chameleon at the beginning of the Curious George movie when George plays ring around the rosie with animals and the lizard keeps changing colors so often that he goes dizzy and falls over! This guy had every color on him. It was cool!
Jackson looking up at the turtles and manatees.
All of us after visiting the gift shop. Tyler picked a shark and has been obsessed with it ever since!
We had so much fun. I miss Lanie already. Come back soon!!
2 comments:
Great post!
What a fun trip to the aquarium! I love the alligator story... that would totally scare me!
Post a Comment