Sis Katie, Aunt Denise, Great-Grandma Mimi, Mom, Me
Jeff had to stay home and work, so I flew with the boys alone. It was super hard-- my first words when I saw Jeff at the airport were "never again!" Luckily our next trip is for Katie's wedding in June and Jeff flies with me on the way there and my gma Lanie is flying with me back! So, never again do I have to do fly alone with a toddler and a baby!
THE AIRPLANE RIDE:
It would be physically impossible for me to carry 2 suitcases, 2 carseats, 2 children, 1 stroller and 4 carry-on items alone. So luckily Jeff helps me check in my items. Now I'm down to the stroller, 2 children and 4 carry-on items, still difficult. I get through security with other passengers and security people yelling at me to take off everyone's shoes, remove the DVD player from the bag, throw away the water, remove all liquid/gels from my diaper bag, hold the baby, hold the child... such a stressful event that leaves me with some serious sweat stains and red spots all over my face. As I breath through my anxiety attack, I tell myself the hard part is over so I board the 3 hour flight. I've already blotted the experience from my mind, so I cannot tell you any details. All I can tell you is I've always had a fear of flying and get motion sickness. Most flights I pray that the plane will not crash and we will land safely without me having to use a barf bag. This time I was seriously ok with the plane crashing. Just kill me now! HA. Just kidding. Luckily I made friends with a really nice family who helped me out when I needed to take Tyler to the bathroom or change Jackson. They just so happened to be on the same flight back too! Coincidence? I think not! Prayers are answered!
SACRAMENTO:
The only thing that got me through those 5 hours of torture (slight exaggeration:)) was knowing I'd get to see my entire family on my mom's side. It's been a few months since I've seen my family and a few years since I've seen the extended family.
We had tons of fun on Saturday as the Boucher family gathered together. My mom rented a bounce house and I'm pretty sure it was my mom/dad who had the most fun in it! I love that they can just be kids sometimes!!


I love this picture of my mom and her sister. I remember as kids, we'd accidently call Denise "Mom" all the time. Now Lily calls Denise "Nauna" (especially from the back!). They just happened to match perfectly, which adds to the look-a-like problem, although if you ask them, all that really looks the same is their HAIR!!

I love this picture of my super cool bro and his little Isaac. It was so fun to be all together!
Mom and her aunt Karen. I have many great memories of Karen, each time I'd visit Sacto growing up, she'd always have fun things planned for us!

Gpa Boucher with Lily and the tall giraffe from Africa. Tyler looked at it and said, "MOO!"

Gma Boucher with my Jackson. Happy 50th Anniversary Grandma and Grandpa! We love you!!
We played all day and then that evening was the 50th Anniversary celebration, which I took NO pictures at! I'd feel bad, except that Tyler was super hyper after 2 days of no naps so I spent my time either chasing him around or taking a breather while someone else took a turn. After each shift change, I'd hear, "Man, I'm worn out, he has so much energy!" It was really nice to have so much help! (Thanks Dad!)
Our trip was so much fun. It was great to see everyone and we look forward to the next time I get to see my family! June 19, Here I come!!
3 comments:
I DO remember you! You came a little later with your tiny little baby boy! He's so grown up now! And with a little brother! So cute! You worked in the office with Lake too didn't you?
I kind of kept up with you for a bit, Sarah Slatter told me you did a lot of homemade baby things that you sold online ( I looked at them btw, SO adorable, I'll have to give you my order when I have more time :-)! so cute!)
meanwhile, Jordan still does the alarm thing, he's a manager for Pinnacle in Akron Ohio and we now live in Washington state in the off season.
Thanks for looking me up!
I remember the first time I flew with the two kids. First of all, I cried going through security because they were totally wacked out and stressed me out- and of course they choose MY bags to do the double check on and I had to stand there with the kids, since the stroller was last. I called Raymond crying later, lol. I'm so glad you had such fun on your trip :) It's all worth it in the end!
I feel for you completely! Last summer was the worse and the best flight! I was 5 months prego, with my 4 year old 1 (almost 2) and everyone looked at me like, "she must be crazy!" I would look back as if, "yes, yes I am." Luckly, I always sit by amazing ppl. Ppl from texas are great and so friendly.
Post a Comment