Well, we have lived here for a year now and our insurance has required us to get TX licenses and license plates. After getting repairs on BOTH cars to enable them to pass a state inspection, we headed to the county & DMV offices. I made sure we had all necessary paperwork and documents and it was still an ordeal. Then we realized Jeff's license just expired (last week!!) so he had to do the written and driving test (better him than me- I get so nervous for things like that!) I totally make fun of Jeff for not being able to get his license that day. Then I get up to the counter and fail the eye exam!! OH NO! The lady tells me she cannot pass me if I fail the test... Jeff's in the line behind me cracking up! She asked me how long it'd been since my last exam and I'm thinking close to 10 years! But wouldn't I notice that my eyes were so bad? I couldn't read ANY letters on the right side! Luckily she tells me to try again, but seriously, everything was blurry...Ok, so I try again and I must not have had my forehead pressed hard enough on the thingy, cuz I could see it just fine!! What a relief!Anyway, just a funny story about what a hassle it is to get all this stuff done and then at the end of the day I had to give up my beautiful California license for this texas one... I lovED my picture. Oh well...
4 comments:
Congrats on becoming an OFFICIAL Texan. :D Glad you passed your eye exam!
haha. soon you'll have that Texas pride that never seems to get out of people's systems, lol! We have some "Texans" that have lived here for years! Guess that's how I feel about NY though, and you about California!
I feel your pain. It was a really weird feeling to ditch the CA plates. I am still hanging onto my driver's license for some unknown reason.
lucky!! she made me turn in mine. I even asked if she would punch it and give it back and she laughed at me. Sad.
Post a Comment