Tuesday, April 14, 2009

caution: this picture just might brake your heart

It's been a hard day with lots of little melt-downs in the world of a 2 year old. I'm trying to figure out how to best deal with them: leave him alone (and ignore the screaming), try to convince him the frozen apple juice will be ready in just a minute (so please stop screaming), or let him have whatever he wants cuz it's not that big of a deal (cuz I can't stand the screaming)... But I'll figure it out. That being said, Tyler is still my adorable little guy and I love him to death! 
He loves doing errands with me until naptime and we've been having good conversations during our car ride. I always tell him our daily agend and today he repeated me with 3-4 word sentences like:
doya dore one toy: we are going to the dollar store and you can pick one toy!
wow! wirewuck wow!: wow Tyler, look at that firetruck! 
maymee bapa eas bubby: the mailman is going to bring us a package from grandma and grandpa's easter bunny!


3 comments:

Weston and William's Blog said...

What is it about crying pictures that can just melt a heart?! Adorable. And although I'm not too far ahead of you in this area, I've had a little luck with the "I can't understand you when you're crying. Please stop crying and use words to tell me what you need so I can help you." It doesn't always work, but most of the time it does. Good luck!

Melonie said...

Most of the time they cry out of frustration. Just hold him and tell him you understand (hopefully you can figure out some reason for the tears or just make one up). "I'm sorry you are sad. Let's do something happy together." Maybe sing if you're happy and you know it. Lily loved that. Oh, good luck! 11 months to go! :D

beadify said...

I'm sorry that I laugh when I read things like this on your blog. But we have so much of the same emotional drama at my house; it's just comforting to know that I am not the only mother that is often teetering on the brink on insanity! :)