This week I am just getting over a terrible ear infection and ruptured ear drum. Oh the pain. I've actually considered cutting off my ear numerous times this week... Tonight I am brushing up on Van Gogh to teach my Young Artists class about his work. From Wikipedia: "Van Gogh cut off the lobe of his left ear during some sort of seizure on 24 December 1888. Mental problems afflicted him, particularly in the last few years of his life… There has been much debate over the years as to the source of Van Gogh's mental illness and its effect on his work. Over 150 psychiatrists have attempted to label his illness, and some 30 different diagnoses have been suggested." Let me add a diagnosis to the list... maybe his ear hurt!
3 comments:
NO!!!! Don't do it...
i dont know much about van gogh but i know alot about a guy named george weasley. he got his ear cut off and it made him feel saintly because it made him holey.
sorry randomness of a tired mom. hope your ear is doing better, if you need anything let me know.
haha you crack me up! I hope your ear gets better (OWWW!) and you decide to keep it. I think it might come in useful in the future :)
Post a Comment