Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tyler Talk (and Jackson Talk!!)

I can't believe that Jackson is old enough now for me to be posting about his sayings too!
TYLER:

My Grandma and Grandpa Boucher are here visiting and the boys have been having lots of fun having them around. My mom got a Nerf gun and goggles for her birthday and the boys have been playing gun wars around the house. Yesterday Tyler and Grandpa were battling and Tyler yelled, "Come Get Me (DUM DET ME) Old Man!!" It was so funny- we all started cracking up. My grandpa is always teasing us like crazy, so it was great that Tyler got him a good one :)

For the past couple weeks at church, the older kids in Tyler's Nursery class have been visiting Primary so they can practice for the New Year, when they all move up. This week at church, near the end of Sacrament meeting, I told Tyler, "This is your last week in Nursery and then you get to be in Primary Forever!!" He said, "Forever? But I wanna go home!"

JACKSON:
Jackson has been talking so much lately! He repeats what we say and he is starting to figure things out. He loves watching movies and has a strong opinion about what is on t.v. He frequently walks to me and asks for Cars or Buzz or Ice Age, his favorites right now.

Today we were playing Ker Plunk (I found the game for .99 cents at GoodWill!) and Tyler said he wanted all the pink sticks. Jackson held up his pink stick and said, "Pink!" I asked him to name the other colors, and he couldn't, but he always got the pink ones right. I remember when Tyler's favorite color was purple, his first color to identify and name. It's fun to think that Jackson may be ready to start learning colors!
Then as I was counting the marbles he counted along with me repeating the numbers after me and saying "fourteen" over and over. I guess that's his favorite number!

I have Christmas posts coming soon! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year! We are gearing up for Jackson's Birthday among the New Year's Celebrations. So fun!

1 comment:

Bec said...

what great stories! They are just darling! I can't believe what a little boy Jackson is!! He is no baby :(! Miss you guys tons! It still cracks me up how much a like Tyler and Zach are!