Monday, December 13, 2010
My most important *things*
Lately, I've been missing my stuff. Especially since it's Christmastime and I have some special Christmas decorations buried down deep somewhere in our storage unit. We are living with my parents while we are saving up for a house of our own in this hard economy/expensive Southern California. All my stuff fits in 2 bedrooms, and I've been realizing lately that the most important things I have are my people. I knew we'd be downgrading when we left our house in Texas, so I've been gearing up for letting go of a lot of my things. But now that I've been living with only our necessities, I've realized I need next to nothing to be happy. Don't get me wrong, my parents have everything, so it's not like we've been living hard. I just know that when we do empty our storage unit and move into a house of our own, I'll be ready to let go of the things I don't even remember we have anymore. Because I really like the feeling that I have all that I really need when I hug my boys. They are my most important things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment