Saturday, July 3, 2010

A few notes:

  • There are boxes everywhere... flattened ones, taped up ones, empty ones, full ones, ones my whole family could fit inside... I feel like we could make a dr. suess book about all the different types of boxes in my front room.
  • I think Jackson walked over to the fridge, screamed, I opened it and he pulled out a piece of bologna a total of 7 times today.
  • Tyler keeps asking me "are we takin' dis to cawafona?" about pretty much everything he looks at.
  • I hate moving. I wish I could just transport my whole house and everything in it anywhere I want anytime I want. Wouldn't that be nice?
  • Tyler has chigger bites. On his crotch and on his neck. Poor guy. He keeps telling me "my teeter bites hurt. Teeters give me owies" I know they hurt. I've had chiggers. Darn chiggers.
  • I should be sleeping, but I'm posting. That's funny cuz a few minutes ago I was thinking I should be packing, but I'm sleeping. Then I couldn't sleep anymore.
  • A week from right now I'll be in Cawafona. Claremont, California, to be exact. This week will be too long yet not long enough at the same time. We have so much to do! Art classes, packing, cleaning and cramming in as much friend time as possible!
  • I keep thinking about how blessed we have been the past 2 1/2 years here. I have loved every minute. We have had good times and challenging times, I'm a better person because of it all. And through it all, our friends have been like family. That's the thing about living in a place where we don't have family. Friends become family. I will miss my Texas family.
  • As hard as this is, I know we are meant to move to Ca. I'm so excited to have family memories and for my children to know and remember all their grandparents!

3 comments:

Meka said...

Hey! SO I just google mapped it and found out you will only be 3 hours and 54 minutes away from VEGAS!!! Just so ya know!! Hehe! Maybe we could meet in the middle one of these days! Moving is so stressful, especially to a whole different state! GOod luck this week!!

HILL HESS said...

Your Texas family is going to miss you, too!! Sure love you, Kirsti!

Paxton said...

Moving is the pits! But in the end it IS moving forward! I'm glad you get to live near family though and that it will be good for you guys too! Good luck and I hope the packing goes fast for you!