Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fools!

I've seen recipes for these meatloaf cupcakes and have always wanted to try them. I decided April 1st would be the perfect time since Jeff's birthday is on Monday and we are already celebrating early this weekend. I brought them out before dinner, telling Jeff that Tyler's been wanting to sing to him all day. We sang and Jeff kept looking at me like I was crazy, I'm sure I had a goofy look on my face :)
He told me he was on a diet and cannot eat cupcakes for dinner, to that I was prepared (I knew he'd say that) and said it was a special wheat recipe and wouldn't be high in calories... He dipped his finger in the frosting and licked it... and then looked at me again... I started laughing and yelled "APRIL FOOLS!"
It was delicious! I used Grandma Clark's ground beef with sausage recipe, which is always good and with mashed potatoes on top, it was perfect! Plus, they only took about 25 mins to cook instead of over an hour.
Tyler ate his JUST like a cupcake, "frosting" first and the whole thing with his fingers. I'm glad I got to do something on this very weird holiday!



3 comments:

Paxton said...

oh my goodness, that is HILARIOUS! by far the best april fools joke! :-) and it sounds SO good! I love the added touch of how you made the mashed potatoes look too! brilliant!

Jeffers said...

It is weird how much you're brain can convert sight into taste. when I tasted the frosting. I was like yuck. 5 seconds later I was yum potatoes. meatloaf YUM. together YUM YUM.

Britney and Andy said...

That is so funny. The icing doesn't look like mashed potatoes at all.