Monday, December 14, 2009

More Tyler Funnies

Today for lunch, I made Tyler a quesadilla. He was pulling it apart to only eat the pieces of tortilla with lots of cheese. I heard him say to himself, "Cheese on this one. No cheese on this one. Why not? I don't know." It was so funny, just the way he was pointing to each piece and then finished the conversation off with I don't know, in a very cute, so sad that he didn't know sort of way.

Lately when I put Tyler to bed, he keeps calling for me and asks for something different every time. Apple juice, a different colored binky, his shark book, and even the "mommy tiger" that he asked Santa for. I haven't been able to figure out a way to get him to stop calling for me. Tonight, I was so tired when I put him to bed that I just gave him apple juice. Then I figured we'd brush his teeth the first time he called for me. So I told him to call me when he's ready to brush his teeth. I haven't heard a peep out of him all night.

Today we went to Target for a couple gifts and some groceries. I had a lot of time to look around, so for fun we started in the toy section. We made our way around the isles and he insisted on walking and not being in the cart. {Which was fine with me, because Jackson now knows how to wiggle right out of the seat buckle in the front of the cart, so I had the kind with the extra 2 seats facing the cart-- you know what kind I'm talking about? So, I had Jackson strapped in one and of course, the bag of Target popcorn strapped in the other seat. I should have taken a picture, my cart was a pretty funny sight. Jackson is hardly tall enough to see the top of his head above the seat and he'd put his hand across to grab a handful of popcorn. ok I'm getting off subject...} Anyway, so we make our way to the bike isle and Tyler finds a nice tricycle that looks like it needs a test drive. I peacefully completed my shopping with a baby eating popcorn and an almost 3 year old driving behind me in a green John Deere trike. What a sight to see. I LOVE my target trips!!

Just in case you haven't been to Target with 2-3+ children lately, here is the latest invention:
which I think is so smart since, evidently this isn't allowed.
What's up with that?

3 comments:

Paxton said...

I try not to pay attention to that little circle. I like to think of it as a "suggestion" not a law :-)
Makayla ALWAYS wants to ride in the giant carts, I think it looks funny me pushing a giant cart made for 3 kids with only one little girl riding in it and clapping. Oh well, she's happy, I'm happy right? :-)

Melonie said...

Yeah, Lily always rides hanging on to the side or in the big basket part, and I just cover her with groceries. I don't know what else you would do, especially if you have 3 or more kids!

Steph said...

hahaha! I LOVE Tyler funnies! :) So now you know what he thinks about brushing his teeth...:)
-Steph