It's too hot outside to leave the house past 12. We do errands in the morning and then try to entertain ourselves all afternoon. Today I spent hours on the computer doing some designing for kirstikoo product packaging. At one point, Tyler was playing with water in the sink and those little capsules that turn into sponge animals. I was telling myself how worth it it was that I got a few packs from the Target dollar section, because it kept him busy for a long time. Even Jackson was content laying in the hallway between the bathroom and office lulled by the sound of running water. At one point, Tyler came into the office and said, "uh oh, wawie spilled." He says this anytime he gets a drop of water on his shirt, so I just said, "it's ok" without looking up from the computer. He repeats it about 20 times, getting louder and adding a mommy to the the beginning, middle and end of the sentence ("Mommy, uh oh! Mommy, wawie spilled, MOMMY!")
and then I started getting worried. I ran to the bathroom to find the water overflowing from the sink, over the counter and onto the floor (I have carpeted bathrooms.) I screamed! and tried to ask Tyler why he didn't tell me sooner when I remember I answered, uh huh or ok about a thousand times!
I cleaned it up and told myself it was break time! aka, time to stop ignoring the kids!
TYLER's new favorite movie right now is Jungle Book, not the animated kind, the one with real animals. He loves the monkey part with the snake and always pretends that the snake bites him during the movie. Silly boy!
JACKSON is rolling across the room and also scoots to whatever toy or object he wants. He does it catepillar style; he pulls up on his knees and then flops down on his tummy. It's pretty funny to watch!
Well, that's pretty much the update. Jeff's working 100 hour days again, so I don't get to see him very often, but oh well. The boys keep me busy and having fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Too funny. I've thought that a few times before... "Why didn't you tell me? Oh yeah, you have been trying to get my attention for the last 5 minutes!" Silly things moms do.
Too bad there isn't some magic "keep their attention until you are ready" machine. See...that's why I sometimes consider a nanny :-)
hahahhahha!! that is so funny! I have totally done the ignoring thing with Zach and then realized he was really trying to tell me something important! Ooops!
Post a Comment