Saturday, January 17, 2009

tiny MIRACLES

I'm so thankful for all the miracles around me right now:
Somehow Tyler doesn't need his binki anymore. Its been 3 days now that tyler has not slept with his binki. Honestly, it is lost and I can't crawl around looking under furniture so I just haven't given it to him at bedtimes like I used to. He hasn't asked for it once! So when I do find them, I will be throwing them away!! I always thought I'd have a huge battle trying to get Tyler off that binki, but miraculously, it happened on its own!!

Another miracle that has to do with bedtime: We took the side off Tyler's bed because I cannot lift him- I really didn't want to do that this soon and interrupt his routine, but we had no choice. He has been so good! The first few nights, Jeff said he had to RUN out of his room and Tyler would chase him to the door laughing!!! But after that, he got the hang of it and stayed in bed. A couple nights he would wake up crying and Jeff would find him standing in the middle of the room shaking and confused. Of course, as parents we had to find a solution. We decided to put a nightlight in his room. I showed him that his Jesus picture was right above the light and that He would always be with him in his room. Since then, Tyler has never woke up crying in the middle of the night! Every morning he calls for us and is still in his bed. What a sweetie!

I love being a mom and I'm so thankful for good kids. I don't know how I deserve that, but I'll take it! I completely consider Jackson's birth and good health a miracle, and I totally recognize the tiny miracles in my life that have made this transition so much easier.

3 comments:

Weston and William's Blog said...

Kirsti, first, I love the picture! I was never able to get a good one of my boys together! Second- great about Tyler and the binki and the big boy bed!! That is really great, he is growing up so quickly! Hopefully sometime this coming week I can give you a call and we can catch up!!

Jerai Moulton said...

Kirsti, I love you and miss you so much! You have always been such a great example to me and I need to be more like you! Jackson is adorable, I can't wait to see more pictures!

Jeni said...

Love all the pictures - so adorable! Isn't it crazy how we worry ourselves to death about things that have to happen someday like getting rid of the binkies or moving out of cribs because we think they are going to be so traumatic? Then the kiddos do them all on their own and we're left wondering why the heck we were so worried about them in the first place? I'm convinced I have kids just so I can learn NOT to be worried about everything!!! And it's only taken me three of them to finally loosen up a little!