FIVE things that have been going on this week
4. My growing belly: wow am I getting big. I can't imagine being much bigger and I am a little over 6 months along. My body is starting to really feel it. Every morning I wake up with aches and pains that seem like I've been running in a marathon, doing 500 sit ups and way too many squats. In reality, I haven't worked out for months. Maybe that's my problem, I'm too weak to handle this extra weight... my body hurts!

1. Another face bonk & a bee sting: I always thought my kid would be the one who would never get hurt because of his amazing coordination (passed down from his father, of course). Seriously, this kid could kick a soccer ball at 14 months and can throw and catch pillows and balls at 18 months. Lately though, he has been showing more of my genes than Jeff's. Both sets of grandparents remind me (often) of how I was always "bouncing off the walls" as a kid, so I shouldn't be so surprised. (My mom, however tells me she doesn't recall such memories, and that I was a perfect angel...ok I made up that last part). Within one week, Tyler has had 2 bad falls and a bee sting: I've had my dad on speed dial for medical advice and encouragement. Every parent hates to see their children in pain and this week has been a dangerous one... luckily no broken bones or stitches yet, but I'm just crossing my fingers that Jeff will be home when it happens, I don't know what I will do when it does!
Tyler and Chloe just chillin'
2. Room Makeover: Our bedroom has been soooooo blah lately, which gives me no reason to keep it clean. I don't know why, but it has always been my last priority money & energy wise. After seeing many friends' master bedrooms that are beautifully decorated and clean, I've decided to give us a makeover. I'll keep updating pictures periodically, but this will have to be a work in progress that will probably last until Christmas!
STEP 1: rearrange furniture (more pictures to come- remember this is a MAJOR work in progress!)
3. Baby plans: This week, my parents and Katie have booked flights to come for the baby!! They are coming on Dec. 26- Jan. 2, and my brother Tommy & sister-in-law Melonie (and 2 kids) and brother-in-law Jarett & sister-in-law Kara (and 2 kids) may also be coming for some New Years' partying. Kara is going to do newborn and family photo shoots and is available if anyone would like to book some time while she's here in Dallas, she's discounting her services for us-- check out her website, she is super talented. I'm so excited! It's always fun to think about when the baby will come and then to think about family here also is super exciting!!
3. Baby plans: This week, my parents and Katie have booked flights to come for the baby!! They are coming on Dec. 26- Jan. 2, and my brother Tommy & sister-in-law Melonie (and 2 kids) and brother-in-law Jarett & sister-in-law Kara (and 2 kids) may also be coming for some New Years' partying. Kara is going to do newborn and family photo shoots and is available if anyone would like to book some time while she's here in Dallas, she's discounting her services for us-- check out her website, she is super talented. I'm so excited! It's always fun to think about when the baby will come and then to think about family here also is super exciting!!
4. My growing belly: wow am I getting big. I can't imagine being much bigger and I am a little over 6 months along. My body is starting to really feel it. Every morning I wake up with aches and pains that seem like I've been running in a marathon, doing 500 sit ups and way too many squats. In reality, I haven't worked out for months. Maybe that's my problem, I'm too weak to handle this extra weight... my body hurts!
5. Jesus picture: I love this picture of Christ with the children. I had it in my room growing up and my parents sent us one for Tyler this week. I LOVE hobby lobby and their frequent sales and this week was custom mats & framing. I put it up in Tyler's room and throughout the day today, I'd say, "Tyler, where's Jesus?" He would stop what he was doing, take my hand and lead me to his room. Then he'd look up and point, and say "Jsus, Jsus, Jsus" actually it's more like just the "J" sound and then just the "S" sound. It's really sweet. I know he will love seeing the picture every morning just like I did when I was growing up. Thanks mom & dad!!
6 comments:
you are the CUTEST pregnant girl I have EVER seen!!!
P.S. thanks for updating the blog! and tyler looks soo much bigger than his last picture!
I have to agree, you are so cute pregnant! I think the 2nd pregnancy you get bigger sooooooooo much faster- at least it seems that way! And I love Tyler's room- I want to see pictures of all of it. Are you still doing the jungle theme? I saw the adorable stuffed animals and pillows in the picture!! And oh, our bedroom is the same way. I dream (no joke) of a beautiful bedroom with matching furniture someday... until then, the door stays shut when company is over!!
Oh, and ps- I got the towel and LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! I will post pictures soon! Latley William cries in the tub (don't ask why, I have no idea) so he is never happy, hence no pictures yet!! But I am working on it!!!) Thanks again, you're AWESOME!!
Cute updates! thanks!
Kirsti,
I love your blog. It is so fun to read. You look so cute pregnant, and yes I agree that all the aches and pains are so much worse the
2nd go around. I love Tyler's new hair cut. It looks great!
Kaylynn found me somehow :)
You are a WAY cute pregnant lady! I love Tyler's haircut too - he looks so much older now. I tagged you - go check out my blog to find out about it. : )
Post a Comment