Here are some ways Tyler helps around the house (and some ways that his "help" is not helpful!)
Helpful:
- Dirty Diapers: He loves to put his diaper in the trash. Reminding him that he gets to do that is one of the only ways I can get him to hold still during changing time. He proudly walks to the pantry and stands there until I open the door- he slam dunks the diaper into the trash and then holds up his hand for a high five!
- Dirty Clothes: Just today I started having him put his dirty clothes throughout the day in the laundry basket. This also helps the changing process.
Um, not so much:
- Dishwasher: When he hears that thing open, he comes running. Grabs the first knife he can and waves it around while I scream! --I'm only exaggerating a little. He loves to "help" with the dishes, but usually I just stick a few take & toss plastic ones on the floor for him to sort out. I'd rather wash them twice a day so I can get the job finished!
- Laundry: Another situation where his "help" makes the job longer... especially if I am doing his load. If he even sees one of his blankets in the washer or dryer he freaks out! He will hug his blanket while it is soaking wet and I have to somehow distract him to get it in the dryer! Also, as I am changing loads and putting clothes in the dryer, he will stand there and pull stuff out (sometimes without me knowing) and climb in himself. Jeff said, the dryer was his favorite place to hide as a child too!
I love having Tyler around with me all day long and I just don't know what I would do without my little helper!!
1 comment:
So cute!!! Weston loves all those things, but what he loves the most is to help me vacume. He either grabs the cord and follows behind me, or he runs and gets his toy vacume and starts pushing it into the wall- that must seem like what I'm doing, lol!
Post a Comment