We walked into the care center and I could see blood dripping from his bandages and a sense of relief that we listened to inspiration and brought him in. I peeked in the window and the nice front desk lady frowned when she looked at Jackson. She took our info and I heard her say, "we have a cute little boy here with a head wound". They took us right back and I tried to keep up with the paperwork as they started checking him out.
They sent us to the triage then procedure room and told me he'd need stitches. This was so awful to watch. It had nothing to do with the blood- although the doctors put a chair behind me in case I fainted. They had to strap him down on the table and Jackson was so calm until they started numbing him. They actually stuck the needles in the cut!! (I thought they'd just poke him a couple times next to it) It was awful. From that second on the screaming begun. I tried to talk to him and tell him he was doing so good but at one point I couldn't talk and almost cried! It was just so sad to see him so upset and not understand they were trying to help him. Afterwards when he was calmed down he pointed to the bed and told me, "bad guy did that". I told him the doctor was a good guy helping is head stop bleeding, but how do you explain that to a 3 year old??!
Anyways, he has been doing so great since then. One of my sweet friends watched the boys today during my doctors appointment because he wasn't up to going to Tiny Tots, and another friend brought toys for the boys to play with. He is running around like a crazy boy today, and climbing on everything. Now he can actually understand when I tell him to get down so he doesn't crack his head open! I've asked him a few times when he was climbing on a chair arm, the same toy shelf and all the way up the outside gate if he wanted to get stitches again! Seriously, I need him to slooooow down!
please, no more boo boos on this pretty little face!!

1 comment:
OH! How scary and sad and crazy! I know I am not the type of mom to handle stitches or lots of bleeding! I'm so glad you were able to listen to inspiration too!
What a brave little boy!
Post a Comment