Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter Sunday

We had a great Easter this year! Pretty low-key, and enjoyed the day together as a family.
In the morning, the Easter Bunny came and left the boys a basket full of goodies! We skipped the egg hunt -they hid eggs for each other all week, so it was old news :)
Then we got all dressed up and headed to church!
After we went to our favorite scenic spot (my parents backyard!)
My handsome men!!
Seriously, I didn't know he was making this face... it was at the end of our "photo shoot" and I think he was ready to be done!
Cuties and their shades!!
Then we headed home to finish our baking projects-- deviled eggs and rice krispie treat eggs! (Thanks Christine for the egg holders and cute bunny plate!! I enjoyed taking them to our family dinner!)

Did anyone else see that cute commercial with the mommy and kids making these? I saw it and just had to make them!!
Then we headed to my parents where my grandparents, aunt, uncles, and cousins were at- we had lots of fun and enjoyed the time together!!

All week I have felt especially grateful for our Savior. That he lived such a beautiful life and sacrificed for us so that we can live again. During one of the speakers at church, Tyler turned to me and said, "I know this. I know about how Jesus died on the cross." I love teaching my children about the gospel and the true meanings of why we celebrate holidays. Our boys know that we will all live again in heaven and I'm so grateful for that knowledge!!

No comments: