Thursday, December 22, 2011

Tyler

This is over a month late, but not a post I want to skip...
11/19/11
Tyler can write his name!! Since he started preschool in September, he has mastered holding the pencil the right way and writing all the numbers 1-10 and spelling out his name. He can write any letter just by looking at it. Starting in January they will start learning how to write the ABC's. I love his preschool and teacher and I'm so excited he is being challenged and enriched each day. Here is a picture I took the week he first started writing his name!

A friend gave us a mini air-hockey table and this easel and he loves drawing on the chalkboard and painting on the other side. This particular day we were all home from church sick so I was happy the boys had new toys to play with so we could enjoy the day.

Tyler LOVES animals! His favorite books to read are bugs and animal books and enjoys learning about different animals, where they live and what other animals they eat. He found this lizard one day and wasn't scared at all to pick it up. One day our kitty Ringo brought in a dead bird- it was so gross, there were feathers all over the kitchen floor! Tyler went outside and gave him a lecture about how we don't kill birds because they are nice and Jesus created them.

Tyler has such a kind heart. He loves making new friends and loves to make his friends happy. He loves helping me do chores around the house and helping his brother learn new things. Another Sunday that he was sick (he's had lots of colds and ear infections this winter) I came home to him and Daddy doing dishes! He was on drying duty and stacking the dishes like towers- why didn't I think of this?!
He loves building things with legos and his trio connect toys and lining up his animals in family groups! He also likes to put pretend bugs in certain places (hall floor, counter tops) to scare me and laughs like crazy when it does!
We love Tyler and his sweetness. He is such a vital part of our family and we are so grateful we get to be his parents!!

1 comment:

Paxton said...

So cute! I love that he laughs like crazy when he scares you! And I love that he is such a big helper! I can't believe he is writing his name and going to preschool!
Remember when he was so tiny pool side in Orlando?

ah... they really do grow up so fast!

p.s. please have another baby... you make such cute kids! ...just saying ;-)