Tyler's favorite food right now is fruit. And the best kind of fruit are the ones shaped like balls. He'll stand at the fridge until we open the door, then he will open the fruit drawer and grab an orange, apple or handful of grapes and say "ball, ball, ball, ball, ball..." until I clean, cut or peel the fruit. This morning he wanted to take his apple on a walk so I let him, he also wouldn't give it to me long enough to cut it so it was still in "ball" form. We got to the park and he insisted on holding it while he played. He'd curl it in his armpit while he moved from slide to stairs and I just shook my head thinking, "what kind of mom am I to just let him get his apple dirty and keep holding it?" After a minute, I got up and told him he had to throw it away because it was too dirty. We walked over to the trash can and though he wouldn't throw it in himself I knew it needed to be done. I threw it in and gave him a minute to wave goodbye to his beloved apple. We walked over to the drinking fountain to wash his hands and on the way back I asked him where he wanted to go. "Wanna go to the slide or the swings? Where do you want to go?" He replied in 3 short words: "get my bapple." As I laughed out of shock (he's never said 3 words together) and cuteness (he sure loves those bapples) we walked over to the trash and said a few more rounds of good-byes.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Bapples and Balls
Tyler's favorite food right now is fruit. And the best kind of fruit are the ones shaped like balls. He'll stand at the fridge until we open the door, then he will open the fruit drawer and grab an orange, apple or handful of grapes and say "ball, ball, ball, ball, ball..." until I clean, cut or peel the fruit. This morning he wanted to take his apple on a walk so I let him, he also wouldn't give it to me long enough to cut it so it was still in "ball" form. We got to the park and he insisted on holding it while he played. He'd curl it in his armpit while he moved from slide to stairs and I just shook my head thinking, "what kind of mom am I to just let him get his apple dirty and keep holding it?" After a minute, I got up and told him he had to throw it away because it was too dirty. We walked over to the trash can and though he wouldn't throw it in himself I knew it needed to be done. I threw it in and gave him a minute to wave goodbye to his beloved apple. We walked over to the drinking fountain to wash his hands and on the way back I asked him where he wanted to go. "Wanna go to the slide or the swings? Where do you want to go?" He replied in 3 short words: "get my bapple." As I laughed out of shock (he's never said 3 words together) and cuteness (he sure loves those bapples) we walked over to the trash and said a few more rounds of good-byes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We have lots of "bapples" - come visit us, Tyler!!
That is too cute. Last fall we took Weston apple picking in NY- he loved picking the balls off the trees- and then we showed him that he could EAT those balls, and that they taste yummy! He was THRILLED ;)
Post a Comment