Monday, July 18, 2011

What a lucky girl I am...

Last week I was here:
{soaking up the sun and enjoying great company at the prettiest place in the world}

and now I am here:
{potty training my two and a half year old- please notice the entire roll of toilet paper in the toilet, a couple pairs of wet pants on the floor and my lack of motivation to pick it all up.}

Actually he is doing quite well, he's been "practicing" for a couple weeks now, yelling "poop!" whenever he had to use the potty (even if it's pee), but I never wanted to make the effort before our big houseboating trip. So I took the plunge (no pun intended) today and stuck him in underwear for the first time. He did great- took himself to the potty the first time and only had two accidents.
We are doing a potty TRAINing chart (see above) and he will get a new train for his track when he completes the chart. Pretty good for day #1, so excited for when I don't have to buy diapers anymore!!

I will be posting more beautiful Lake Powell pictures soon, I am still in denial and not ready to admit I am back in front of my computer able to post pictures of my completed trip (tear).

2 comments:

Lake said...

Ahhh such a familiar scene. It's like the grossness of the pee doesn't even affect you any more. See you on the other side!

Paxton said...

Good luck! I hear boys are harder than girls if that's true, yikes!